For any general vacancy enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your interest. Work Experience positions have been filled for 2017. Applications for 2018 are now open.
Walker Books’ Work Experience Program assists students in meeting their educational requirements, developing and enhancing their skills and knowledge while experiencing the ‘real’ world of work.
This internship provides a well-rounded introduction to the Publishing Industry, focusing on publishing and editorial, marketing and publicity.
Publishing and Editorial:
• Read and comment on manuscript submissions
• Check page proofs and ebook files
• Assist designers with scanning of art and picture research
• Assist editors with fact checking and proofreading
• Assist with general admin tasks relating to the publishing team.
Marketing and Publicity:
• Assist the Marketing and Publicity Assistant with ad hoc tasks (processing returns, Point of Sale orders, donation fulfilment, etc)
• Generate consumer-facing content for microsites and social media.
• Assist the School and Library Manager, Trade and Consumer Marketing Manager and Publicity team with any additional tasks ad hoc
• The duration of the program can be up to 8 weeks.
• Hours are flexible and can be negotiated - a commitment of at least 2 days per week is ideal.
• Participants will be assigned a mentor who will be their main point of contact during their work experience.
Conditions of Program:
• Participants must have an endorsement from their school/uni/programs. This internship must be recognised as part of their training/studies.
• Personal injury insurance for the student must be covered by the relevant education institute or program.
• This is an unpaid internship program
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, please send your cover letter, resume and introductory letters from your school/uni/program to email@example.com.